Featuring a 165mm C-CAM® bass driver and higher spec C-CAM® tweeter, the C265 in-ceiling speaker provides a seamlessly accurate sonic signature across a wide frequency bandwidth in high quality music applications or in multiples for home cinema. As part of the 200 Series of installation speakers, it is easy to install and offers the biggest bass driver size of any speaker in its class. It includes a boundary compensation control for better sound near walls and corners.
- 2-way design with pivoting C-CAM® tweeters (15 degrees of play).
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/-3dB).
- Audio match with Silver Series hi-fi speakers.
- Innovative Tri-Grip system providing three times the surface area and a better surface seal maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Aluminium magnetic, trimless alloy grille for rust-free performance and longevity. It is magnetic and lighter in weight.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. A paint mask and additional scrim material are provided for trouble free painting.
- Fire retardant to UL-94 VO rating.
- Splash and humidity proof for installation in shower room or pool areas.
- Features dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Please note: The UL94/V0 Fire rating as advertised by Monitor Audio is a plastics flammability standard released by Underwriters Laboratories of the USA. In simple terms, compliance with the standard ensures that plastic subjected to intense heat, such as with a fire in the home, will melt but not ignite.
Whilst this is a valuable safety feature, it should not be regarded as a measure of fire safety compliance for UK Building Regulations. These require the installation of fire hoods that reinstate the fire barrier of the original ceiling when ceiling speakers are installed beneath a habitable living space. Hoody speaker hoods available on this website meet the requirements of Building Regulations for this purpose.
Monitor Audio C265 In Ceiling Speaker (Each)
for Monitor Audio C265 In Ceiling Speaker
for: Monitor Audio C265 In Ceiling Speaker
As with all Monitor Audio products, this is a high-quality product with excellent sound quality. We were pleasantly surprised by the bass as well, having experienced more expensive speakers with disappointing bass reproduction. It's the little touches that make us smile, even down to the little silica gel packets secured into the speaker wire terminals.
From an installers point of view, it's very easy to install and comes with the necesssary paper templates for the ceiling cut-outs. We prefer a tighter fit for our installs, so we would cut slightly smaller than the supplied template. If this is going into a ceiling space, then the speaker needs to go into a suitable MDF back box, either custom-made (as we do) or one of Monitor Audio's ready made boxes. The tri-grip fixings have a good amount of play, so it is no trouble to install into a ceiling with 12mm plasterboard and additional 12-15mm MDF.
The grills are paintable, but to be perfectly honest, unless your ceiling is not white or off-white, there probably isn't any need to do so. They fit very securely and lie nice and flat and the overall finished installation is top notch.